July 24, 2017

The Pont Neuf or new bridge, 1578-1607, was constructed by King Henri IV, is now the oldest bridge over the Seine River, connecting the Île de la Cité to the mainland. Île de la Cité was the original site for Paris around 250 B.C.
The Romans conquered in 52 B.C., naming the town Lutetia after Mons Lutetius near the Parthenon where the local villagers' army camped. Lutetia was renamed Paris in 360 A.D., taking its name from the Gallic "Parisii" tribe.

1 to 3are front and north side views outside Église Saint-Séverin just over the Seine River from Notre-Dame de Paris Cathedral. Église Saint-Séverin
took longer to build than Notre-Dame de Paris Cathedral, from early 1300's to 1520, and features both old and modern stained glass.

4 and 5 are pains of older stained glass in the Église Saint-Séverin.

6 and 7 are pains of new stained glass by Jean René Bazaine completed in 1970, inspired by the seven sacrements of the Catholic Church.

8 and 9 are paintings within the Église.

10 to 13 show views along the Sandemans walking tour of historical Paris, first by the Louvre and then two statues in the Jardins des Tuileries by
Louis August Leveque, 11 Nymphée and 12 Diane. The gardens were created by Catherine de' Medici as the garden of the Tuileries Palace in 1564, and
it was eventually opened to the public in 1667 and became a public park after the French Revolution.

14 shows a model being shot strolling on Île de la Cité in Place Dauphine.

Touch a number to see a picture

More Pages to Visit

Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5
Page 6
Page 7
Page 8
Page 9
Page 10
Page 11