August 2011

Les Deux Magots Cafe, a Saint-Germain-des-Prés Latin Quarter cafe where writers like Hemingway, painters like Picasso and philosophers like Jean-Paul Sartre liked to hang out

Touch a number to see a picture

Arriving back in Paris in the Saint-Germain-des-Prés cafe district

Les Deux Magots opened in 1887, taking its name from the play Les Deux Magots de la Chine (Two Figurines from China)

Église de Saint-Germain-des-Prés, was first founded in 558 as St. Vincent's church, but after plundering and destruction by the Normans, the current structure was begun 1014 and rededicated in 1163

Inside Saint-Germain-des-Prés

A statue in Saint-Germain-des-Prés

Tomb of William Douglas, 10th Earl of Angus, from 1611

Tomb of Lord James Douglas, a Scottish soldier and son of William, and a military advisor to King Louis XIII, from 1645

Sculptured painting in the choir area

Stained glass about the choir of Saint-Germain-des-Prés

Tomb of Rene Descartes, mathematician, scholar, philosopher

Frescoes in Saint-Germain-des-Prés
More Pages to Visit

Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5
Page 6
Page 7
Page 8
Page 9
Page 10
Page 11
Page 12
Page 13
Page 14
Page 15
Page 16
Page 17
Page 18